Starting on February 8th, athletes from around the world will all be convening in Pyeongchang, South Korea to compete for the gold. The whole world will be watching. The following tutorials will instruct you on how to watch the Olympic Games from just about anywhere using Kodi on your Amazon FireStick and FireTV.
One challenge with viewing the Olympics will be region specific blocking. Many Kodi add-ons, such as iPlayer WWW, Eurosport Player and NBC Sport, are region restricted abroad. That means that British expats might not be able to use the iPlayer WWW plugin to watch the Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi while living overseas. To bypass these region restrictions, you should to use a VPN with Kodi.
We always suggest using a VPN service for your online activity for many reasons and using a VPN for your Kodi and it’s add-ons is a must if you want to stream the 2018 Winter Olympics. We highly recommend IP Vanish for this service since their software is tooled to work seamlessly with Kodi.
If you want to watch the live coverage of Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi, you should install WNBC Program add-on first. Follow the instructions below to install the WNBC add-on in Kodi.
1. First, Open up Kodi. Then from the Kodi home screen, then select Add-Ons.
2. Select the box icon on the top of the screen.
3. Click Video Add-ons and then click Install from Repository
4. Select Kodi add-on Repository and Select Video Add-ons
5. Select WNBC Programs and click Install
7. Wait for Add-on installed message to appear
8. Congratulations, you can now stream the Olympics Live!
In the United Kingdom, BBC has exclusive broadcasting rights of the Winter Olympics. That means you can use the iPlayer WWW Kodi plugin to stream the competition live on Kodi. Keep in mind that you need to reside in the UK for this add-on to work due to region restrictions.
Remember, use IPVanish if you want to stream outside the UK.