IPVanish, the Best VPN For Streaming Video Now has Native Fire TV App!
In a perfect world, all of your internet communications would be private. Unfortunately, this is not the case. While you are surfing, your internet service provider, marketers, hackers and the government have full access to your online browsing and streaming history. Unfortunately, many people are beginning to find that out the hard way. ISPs are now even going so far as issuing cease and desist letters to KODI users.
Luckily, there are companies that work just as hard to protect your internet traffic from snooping ISPs and government spooks by providing whats called virtual private network service (or VPN, for short). VPNs work by bypassing your ISPs network and creating an encrypted tunnel to another network, therefore making your traffic unreadable and untraceable.
While the benefits of using a good VPN service are endless, here are just a few of the most important reasons connecting through a VPN is becoming more and more necessary:
- Hides your internet activity from your Internet Service Provider (and government)
- Allows you to get around censorship rules and laws (work, school, ISPs, or government)
- Allows you to appear as though you are in a different location in order to access services unfairly denied to you based on your location (or when you are traveling abroad)
- Protects your data against hackers when using public WiFi
- Allows you to stream content safely
- Allow you to download torrents safely.
In order to use VPN you must first signup for a VPN service, which usually costs between $5 – $10 a month, but if it saves you from receiving even one legal notice, it practically pays for itself (lawyers can be expensive!). The same account can be used across all of your devices, from computers, phones, streaming devices (such as your jailbroken Fire TV with Kodi.)
Our favorite VPN here at Firestick.io is IPVanish. The team over there hasworked very hard with us to create a native app for the Fire TV, which has made hiding KODI traffic easier than ever. Best of all, the app is available for free from the Amazon App Store.
In the past, Fire TV users were provided with an APK to side-load IPVanish protection onto their devices — thankfully, those days are over. The VPN app for Amazon Appstore is compatible with Android devices running FireOS. The app is also compatible with native Amazon devices, including Amazon Fire TV and Kindle Fire HDX.
How to Set Up IPVanish VPN for Fire TV in 5 easy to follow steps
(If you don’t have an IPVanish service yet, you’ll need to first sign up for an account using your PC or MAC.)
1. If you’re using an Android device, download the Underground app to access the Amazon Appstore. If you are using a native Amazon device such as Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, you can skip this step.
2. Search for ‘IPVanish VPN’ and download the Amazon app
3. Open IPVanish VPN on your Android device running the Underground app, Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
4. Log into your IPVanish account
5. That’s it – enjoy a safe and private connection*
*If you’re currently running a side-loaded APK installation of IPVanish VPN for Fire TV, you WILL NOT be able to receive app updates from the Amazon App Store. Instead, you must first uninstall the IPVanish APK before downloading the new native app.
Not sure how to uninstall the APK? Just follow these instructions:
1. Go to the Home screen on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
2. Choose ‘Settings,’ and then scroll over and choose ‘Applications’
3. Scroll down and choose ‘Manage Installed Applications’
4. Find and select ‘IPVanish VPN’
5. Choose ‘Uninstall’
Thats it! Now you can watch your jailbroken Fire TV content with the ease of mind that your privacy is 100% protected from snooping internet providers!