I caught up on one of my favorite obscure TV shows using Genesis Reborn. All links worked.
The Genesis Add-on is back! Well, kinda...?
For those who have been in the KODI community for awhile, you probably have fond memories of the Genesis KODI add-on. For those not in the know, Genesis was probably the largest force for making streaming KODI as popular as it is today.
So why is it called Genesis Reborn?
When the Genesis project was abandoned, other great add-ons took its place (not to mention its source code) and created popular forks such as Exodus (RIP) and Specto (Still solid as of this writing). Probably the most popular add-on right now based on the Genesis framework is Covenant, which itself a fork of Exodus which was a fork of.... well, you get the point..
The Genesis Reborn interface will be very familiar to any one who has used any of the add-ons listed above. It offers free access to movies, TV shows, as well as a calendar that will help you stay on top of new episodes.
So lets get into it!
How To Install Genesis on Fire Stick and Fire TV
To install Genesis Reborn on your Fire Stick or Fire TV, you must first install the KODI app. If you have not done this yet, please visit our step-by-step tutorial here, then return to this post.
Before proceeding, we highly recommend streaming via a Virtual Private Network (VPN). By connecting through a VPN, all of your internet traffic will be encrypted and hidden from your internet service provider.
Our favorite, most reliable VPN service for streaming media on Fire Stick and Fire TV is IPVanish. For more information about protecting yourself with VPN as well as an instructional video on how to install IPVanish on your Fire TV please see our article here.
1.First, Open up Kodi
2. Navigate up to the Settingsicon.
3. Now select System settings
4. Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
5. Using your remote, navigate back to the Systems screen and select File Manager
6. Scroll down and select Add source
7. Type the URL http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/ and then OK. Select the field below that says Enter a name. You can type anything here, but I chose to name it Jesus Box and then select OK.
8. Using your remote, navigate back to the Kodi home screen, then select Add-Ons.
9. Select the box icon on the top of the screen.
10. Select Install from zip file
11. Find and select the source you added earlier. In my case it was Jesus Box
12. Now pick repository.jesusboxtv.zip file
13. You should seeJesusBox add-on enabled
14. Click Install from Repository
15. Select JesusBox Repo
16. Select Video Add-ons
17. Select Genesis Reborn
18. Select Install
19. Wait for Genesis Reborn Add-on installed message to appear
While Genesis reborn offers many free pre-recorded options, it does not offer a way to watch live TV. While I do love some of the free TV streaming apps like Mobdro and Live NetTV, the app I keep coming back to without fail is SET TV. It comes standard with all paid stations, including league passes for all NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL etc., plus free Pay-Per-Views.
The best part? Its just $20 a month.
To get your free trial of SET TV as well as instructions on how to install it on your Fire Stick or Fire TV see our article here.
(Last Updated On: December 14, 2017)
Firestick.io highly recommends that you connect to the Internet through a Virtual Private Network (VPN). By connecting through a VPN, all of your internet the Internet through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) intermediary. By connecting through a VPN, traffic will be encrypted and hidden from your internet service provider.
Our favorite, most reliable VPN service for streaming media is IPVanish, which recently came out with a native app for the Fire TV in the Amazon App store, which has made installing VPN on your Fire Stick easier than ever before.
For more information about protecting yourself with VPN, as well an instructional video on how to install IPVanish on your Fire TV please see our article here.