With many of the bigger name add-ons being taken offline lately, there is a lot to like with the revamp of this old classic Kodi Add-On.
Poseidon is a solid add-on that gained some popularity a few years back on previous versions of Kodi, but was never updated to to be compatible with Kodi version 17. Luckily Poseidon has caught up with the times, and has quickly become one of my favorite add-ons for streaming free movies and tv shows on Fire Stick and Fire TV.
Why We Like Poseidon
The Poseidon interface will be very familiar to any one who has used any of the add-ons such as Exodus, or Covenant. What is different about Poseidon is that it doesn't scrape as many sources as those apps did. Some people might see this to a weakness, but we found that because of this the list sources loaded much faster.
We also liked the way it displays links in a more graphical way than similar add-ons, making it easy to differentiate between 1080P / 720P / and SD quality.
How To Install Poseidon on Fire Stick and Fire TV
To install Poseidon on your Fire Stick or Fire TV, you must first install the KODI app. If you have not done this yet, please visit our step-by-step tutorial here, then return to this post.
Before proceeding, we highly recommend streaming via a Virtual Private Network (VPN). By connecting through a VPN, all of your internet traffic will be encrypted and hidden from your internet service provider.
Our favorite, most reliable VPN service for streaming media on Fire Stick and Fire TV is IPVanish. For more information about protecting yourself with VPN as well as an instructional video on how to install IPVanish on your Fire TV please see our article here.
2. Navigate up to the Settings icon.
3. Now select System settings
4. Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
5. Using your remote, navigate back to the Systems screen and select File Manager
6. Scroll down and select Add source
7. Type the URL http://soullessbuilds.com/repo and then OK. Select the field below that says Enter a name. You can type anything here, but I chose to name it Soulless Builds and then select OK.
8. Using your remote, navigate back to the Kodi home screen, then select Add-Ons.
9. Select the box icon on the top of the screen.
10. Select Install from zip file
11. Select Soulless Builds
12. Now pick repository.soulless-1.0.6.zip file (The number may change as the repository is updated.)
13. You should see Soulless Builds add-on installed.
14. Click Install from Repository
19. Wait for Poseidon Add-on installed message to appear
20. Congratulations, you've intalled Poseidon add-on for Kodi! To open, navigate to your Kodi home screen and select Add-ons>Video Add-Ons
While Poseidon offers many free movies and TV shows, it does not offer a way to watch live TV. While I do love some of the free TV streaming apps like Mobdro and Live NetTV, the app I keep coming back to without fail is SET TV. It comes standard with all paid stations, including league passes for all NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL etc., plus free Pay-Per-Views.
The best part? Its just $20 a month.
To get your free trial of SET TV as well as instructions on how to install it on your Fire Stick or Fire TV see our article here.