Mobdro allow you to watch free live TV on your Fire Stick, Fire TV, and Android devices. While many free IPTV apps have faded into obscurity due to dead channels and unreliable streams, Mobdro has remained a strong option for those looking for alternatives to high cable bills.
How does Mobdro work?
The developers of Mobdro claim that none of the channel feeds originate from them. Instead, the app aggregates all feeds of particular channels through out the internet and serve up the one that is most reliable for you depending on connection speed, hardware, etc.
What Channels can I watch with Mobdro?
Mobdro offers most channels that you would find in a premium cable package in the United States and Britain, and is adding more all the time. Because it is always in flux, no one has really come up with a complete channel listing. With this in mind, here is an incomplete list of what I found on Mobdro the last time I opened it.
A very long yet somehow still incomplete listing of Mobdro Channels
3e, 5 Star, 5 USA, 6ter, 7two, A&E, A&E (Spain), ABC, AI Jazeera Documentary, Alma Mater TV, AMC USA, Animal Planet, Animal Planet UK, Antena.Neox, Antena.Nova, Antena 3(Spain), Arirang TV, BBC Four, BBC One, BBC One Scotland, BBC Parliament, BBC Three, BBC Two, Bravo Tv, Cartoon Network, Cartoon Network UK, CBBC, CBeebies, CBS, CBS Action, CBS Drama, CBS Reality, CCTV 9 Documentary, Channel 4, Discovery Channel, Discovery History, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo UK, Disney Channel UK, Disney XD, Fox UK, HBO, History Channel Uk, House & Garden, 3tv Az’s Family, 69news Traffic Livestream, 760am – Abc Radio, ABP News, Bloomberg, C- Span, CBN News, CDNlive, Channels TV, Citizen Tv Live, CNBC, CNN, CTV News, WSMV Ch 4 Nashville, WJBK, Sky Sports News, WAFF, UFO News, The Weather Channel, Tech News Today, Sky News, Russia Today, Pars TV Network, Newsmax TV, Ten cricket, Ten sports fox sports, Nba tv, NBC Sports Network, Sportsnet One, Bein Sports USA, TSN, Liverpool TV, A Bola TV, Football Heroes, UFC Next, MUTV, Chelsea Tv, EIR Sports, Box Nation, Sky Sports, BT Sports, Premier Sports, WWE TV, At The Race, Racing Uk, British Euro Sports, Motors Tv, Eurosport, Sportsnet World, NFL Network, ESPN, Star Cricket, Neo Cricket, Star Sports, Golf Channel, PTV Sports, Planet X Sport, 8 Letter City Radio, American Radioworks, Chilled, Channel AKA, Clubland TV, Dmtv, Gone Viral Music, Heart Radio USA, Heart TV, Indiefeed: Hip Hop Music, Inside Music TV, Juce TV, Kerrang TV, Kiss, MTV UK, MTV Dance, Vh1 UK, The Box, Kiss, Kerrang TV, Magic, Radio Chico, Spirit Television… and the list goes on.
This sounds too good to be true. Is it?
Well, kind of. We did experience buffering issues on some channels, and most channels are served up in non-HD quality. This is fine for passive TV watching but can be kind of annoying when watching a sporting event or other live TV event. You don’t want to have all your friends over to watch the big game, only to be embarrassed by a slow, laggy connection that ruins the action.
That’s why we suggest shelling out $15 for Gears TV, a far more reliable app.
While not technically free, Gears TV is an app with 500+ live TV channels. It includes league passes for live streaming every NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB games as well as all PPV events for only $15 a month.
In our experience, Gears TV was the app that felt the most like a real replacement for cable. It collects all of the popular channels and major sports in one place and provides reliable, high-quality streams for a fraction of the price. Reliable streaming in an easy to use app has quickly made Gears TV the number one choice for streamers, cord-cutters, and sports fans with Fire TVs.
Mobdro is free, but its connections can be much shakier and less reliable. Gears TV is much more reliable (and costs so little) we think it is well worth the investment.
You can click here to sign up and see for yourself!
Before proceeding, we highly recommend streaming via a Virtual Private Network (VPN). By connecting through a VPN, all of your internet traffic will be encrypted and hidden from your internet service provider.
Our favorite, most reliable VPN service for streaming media on Fire Stick and Fire TV is IPVanish. For more information about protecting yourself with VPN as well as an instructional video on how to install IPVanish on your Fire TV please see our article here.
1. From your Fire TV Home Screen, navigate to Settings>System>Device
2. Scroll down and select Developer Options
3. Turn Allow apps from unknown sources ON
4. Navigate back to the Amazon Fire TV home screen all the way to the left to Search. Type in Downloader. As you are typing, you should see the option to select Downloader App.
5. Select Download and then Install.
6. Open Downloader
7. Select Allow
8. Where it says to enter a URL enter http://mobdro.com/ and then select Go
Update 11/18/17: the latest version of Mobdro has some compatibility issues with Fire TV, so you’ll need to download an older version. Instead, enter http://tiny.cc/mobdrolist
9. Once the page loads, you can use the navigation pad on your remote like a mouse. Place the red cursor over Download the app and hit enter.
You will see that this brings you to the download page for Mobdro 2.052 Freemium. Scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Download APKbutton.
10. Select Install
11. On the following screen hit Delete. This deletes the installer file and will keep your Fire Stick or Fire TV from running out of space in the future.
12. Go back to the Amazon Home Screen. Findthe section called YOUR APPS & GAMES. Scroll all the way to the right and select See All.
13. Scroll down to the MOBRO Icon. DO NOT SELECT IT YET!
14. With MOBDRO still highlighted, hit the Menu button on your remote.
15. A menu will pop up in the bottom-right hand corner of your screen. Select Move To Front. This will send Mobdro to the front of your home screen and save you a lot of time searching for it in the future.
16. Go back to your home screen and open Mobdro.
17. Select ACCEPT
18. On the next screen, hit the down button on your remote until you see this screen. This is the main menu and presents you with a host of Live TV options. Select Channels.
19. You will see a long list of available channels. Select one and enjoy!
While we didn’t find the ads in the Fire TV app all that annoying, Mobdro does offer a premium ad-free version for $2.99 a month. It doesn’t get you higher quality streaming or more channels, but it does come with perks such as being able to download streams, Chromecast support (for those who have it installed on their Android phones), as well as a sleep timer. You can find out more at this link.
Other live TV streaming solutions
If you’re looking to expand your collection of free Live TV apps for Fire Stick and Fire TV beyond Mobdro, I’d recommend visiting our tutorial on how to install Live NetTV. If you are looking for the highest quality IPTV service with all the bells and whistles for only $20 a month check out SET TV.
How To Install Mobdro on Fire Stick and Fire TV was last modified: September 27th, 2018 by Firestick.io