Here’s how to install Gears TV on your Amazon Fire stick or Fire TV. It takes a little bit of time and effort, but you should be able to get it running in five to ten minutes, so it’s really not that bad. You will be using an addon called “Downloader”, which will be explained in the step-by-step. There is also a helpful video!
We highly recommend using GearsTV with the Mayfair Guide and a good VPN service. Check them out when you are done installing Gears TV.
Keep in mind that Gears TV is a subscription service, so once it is installed, you will need to enter your ID and password. You can sign up for an account here!
Gears TV is an amazing standalone live HDTV streaming service. It includes options to stream hundreds of live cable programs, PPV, NFL, NBA, and tons more for a much lower rate than traditional cable.
If you are looking to finally cut the cord, this is the app for you!
- Open Firestick Home Screen.
- Navigate to the Search Icon on the top left corner.
- Type Downloader into the search using your Firestick remote
- Select Downloader from the search bar.
- Select the Downloader app icon from the next screen, it should be the first result under “Apps & Games.”
- Click Download. It will download and install itself on your device.
- When it is done, click Open.
- Now you are in the Downloader app. Type in the URL of the GearsTV addon: http://targetcreates.com/apk. Make sure you type it correctly.
- Select GearsTv_Master-release-arm.apk from the next screen
- Hit Install on next screen.
- After app is installed, click Open.
- You can now log in to GearsTV! The Gears TV icon will now be available from the home screen of your Fire TV from now on. Enjoy!