(Last Updated On: November 27, 2017)
Freeflix HQ is one of a handful of high quality Kodi alternatives that has emerged as of late. Like many of the programs, FreeFlix HQ allows you access to the latest TV, movies, and more.
FreeFlix HQ Features On Fire Stick and Fire TV
FreeFlix HQ has been in development for quite a while, but has really come of age in this latest release. While we experienced issues with some of the TV show streams it claims to offer, we found that the movies section was much more reliable.
FreeFlix HQ boasts a pretty robust IPTV section which can be found under the Live TV menu. We also liked how it handles dead links within the Live TV section, allowing you to scan through the channels and automatically remove the ones that aren’t working at that time.
For those of you with young children in the house FreeFlix HQ has a “Hide Adult Content” feature that will keep your kids out of the more satiable offerings.
The one thing we didn’t like about FreeFlix was the fact that there are advertisments throughout the app. There is however a way to pay $10 a month to remove them. To do this, you can head over to the Settings > Remove Ads.
How To Install FreeFlix HQ On Fire Stick and Fire TV
Before proceeding, we highly recommend connecting to the Internet through a Virtual Private Network (VPN). By connecting through a VPN, all of your internet traffic will be encrypted and hidden from your internet service provider.
Our favorite, most reliable VPN service for streaming media is IPVanish. For more information about protecting yourself with VPN, as well an instructional video on how to install IPVanish on your Fire TV please see our article here.
- From the Home screen, navigate over to Device -> Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- You will then need to install an app called “Downloader” from the Amazon app store. Once it has been installed, launch the program. Once launched, head over to Settings->Enable Java Script
- In the address bar, type in https://freeflixhq.com exactly as shown.
- On this website, find the link where it says Download APK.
- The Download will initiate. Once done, you will see a confirmation that FreeFlix HQ has been installed.
- Launch the app and start enjoying your favorites on FreeFlix HQ!
Because it is an unnofficial app, the FreeFlix HQ shortcut will not live on your home screen. To access it later, you will need to navigate on your Home Screen to Settings>Manage Installed Applications>FreeFlix HQ.