While we don't recommend installing builds on your Fire TV, some of you might find The Fire TV Guru Build interesting.
The Fire TV Guru build for Kodi is a fork of the very popular No Limits Magic Build that has been experiencing some trouble as of late. The Fire TV Guru is marketed toward the Fire Stick and Fire TV crowd, but it will work on any device you can install KODI on, including your computers, tablets, and phones.
Since Fire TV Guru is a Build for Kodi, you will have to first install Kodi on your Fire TV or Firestick, which can be done by following our step by step guide here. Because Installing the Fire TV Guru Build will install several Kodi add-ons at once, we recommend returning your Kodi to its factory settings before installing.
Before doing so you may also want to make sure the download link for the Fire TV Guru build is still live before nuking all of your Kodi settings. If you have a bunch of Kodi add-ons already installed, I'd recommend backing up your current Kodi Install in case you want to restore it later. You can learn how to do this in this tutorial.
How To Install Genesis on Fire Stick and Fire TV
To install Genesis Reborn on your Fire Stick or Fire TV, you must first install the KODI app. If you have not done this yet, please visit our step-by-step tutorial here, then return to this post.
Before proceeding, we highly recommend streaming via a Virtual Private Network (VPN). By connecting through a VPN, all of your internet traffic will be encrypted and hidden from your internet service provider.
Our favorite, most reliable VPN service for streaming media on Fire Stick and Fire TV is IPVanish. For more information about protecting yourself with VPN as well as an instructional video on how to install IPVanish on your Fire TV please see our article here.
2. Navigate up to the Settings icon.
3. Now select System settings
4. Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
5. Using your remote, navigate back to the Systems screen and select File Manager
6. Scroll down and select Add source
7. Type the URL http://firetvguru.net/fire and then OK. Select the field below that says Enter a name. You can type anything here, but I chose to name it firetvguru and then select OK.
8. Using your remote, navigate back to the Kodi home screen, then select Add-Ons.
9. Select the box icon on the top of the screen.
10. Select Install from zip file
11. Find and select the source you added earlier. In my case it was firetvguru
12. Now pick repository.firetvguru.zip file
13. You should see add-on enabled
14. Click Install from Repository
15. Select Fire TV Guru Repo
16. Select Program Add-ons
17. Select Fire TV Wizard
19. Wait for Fire TV Wizard Add-on installed message to appear
20. Now Its time to run the install wizard. Return to the main Add-ons Menu and locate Program Add-ons. Navigate over and select Fire TV Wizard
23. Now we need to install a build of the Fire TV Guru. Select Build Menu
24. If you are installing on a Fire TV Stick (Firestick) we highly recommend going for the Fire TV Build Krypton Lite. If you are installing it on a faster unit, such as the Fire TV Box (Generation 2 or 3) you can install the regular Fire TV Build Krypton.
25. You now are given the option to Fresh Start and Install. Choose this.
26. Select Server 1. If it is down, try the others.
26. Once the program has installed, we need to force close Kodi. Press OK.
27. Exit Kodi. From the Amazon Fire Stick Home Menu > Settings > Manage Installed Applications. Navigate down on your remote to Kodi and hit enter.
27. After it has forced stopped, now navigate up to Launch Application and select.
Kodi will now restart and begin assembling the build you installed. Please allow 5-10 minutes for this to take place. It may seem like your Fire Stick or Fire TV is freaking out. This is normal.
Once it has unpackaged all of the menus and themes you're ready to use the build.