- Plug in the power cable to your unit
- Plug in the HDMI cable and connect it to the TV
- Amazon fire TV sticks plug directly into the HDMI port of the TV
- Connect to the internet via Ethernet cable (box only) or Wi Fi by following directions on your television screen
The main screen will ask you for your amazon account, if you don’t already have one, you will need to make one, it is free and easy
- If it asks for your credit card information, make the account on your computer (No credit card required) and then use the login on the device.
- Our android units don’t require a log in account
Once you see the Amazon fire TV main screen, using the remote, Click Settings-applications-manage all installed applications- launch KODI. After a few uses, KODI will generally appear on the main Amazon screen under the recent tab. If it doesn’t, you simply need to wait a few more days, it appears once amazon updates is software. Otherwise you need to go to Manage all applications to launch KODI and access all the free content advertised.
- For our android units, click the KODI icon on the main screen, after connecting to your internet. Your now ready to enjoy the jail Broken Fire Stick.
- First you want to delete the cache, which is saved in difference places so a few steps must be followed. All of our devices have a clear cache button in the favorites tab for ease of use
- Our latest units have 2 options to delete cache installed under the favorite tab, use both RAW Maintenance AND DELETE CACHE button. They both do the same thing for the most part with minor differences.
- Note-Only click the delete cache button under raw maintenance, don’t purge packages or delete thumbnails, it may delete our background if you do. But doesn’t effect the setup otherwise.
- Next follow direction below to enable Zero cache system, it helps with buffering issues. (this only needs to be done once for the life of the unit)
- Inside KODI Click Programs tab- then Maintenance tool- Then System tweaks- then enable Zero Cache- Click yes on the popup.
- Now exit KODI reboot your device, by reboot we mean click on the “quit” button under the power tab, and then unplug the power to the device. Plug it back in after you follow the next step to reboot your router and modem.
- You may also consider Rebooting your modem and router at this point
- Note- Usually if you unplug both router and modem, you want to plug the modem in first, and wait about 5 minutes to plug in your router.
- Step one fixes a majority of issues, if it doesn’t work, follow directions for step two.
- For Amazon units- Go to settings-application-manage all application-KODI-click force stop-click delete cache (not data), then unplug the power, plug it back in, and launch KODI and see if it fixed your problem, if not try step 3.
- For Android Units- Go to settings-apps-Scroll right to All apps-go down to KODI-click delete cache (not data). Turn off the unit, unplug power. Turn the unit back on and test it.
- If your device is experiencing a lot of error messages such as “one or more items failed to play”
- These error messages simply mean that either the add-on is down for repair/update Or that specific link is not working and you need to try a different link. This is a standard error message, it DOES NOT mean that something is wrong with the device so please don’t be concerned.
- If this error comes up for every single link you click on, then either the add-on is down for repair, or your device is not getting a strong Wi Fi signal. Even if you pay for 100mbps per month, that does not mean that you internet speed is 100mbps, since Internet speed can vary from room to room in your home. Also a majority of times your internet provider does not provide the speed promised
- Note- Turning your router off by unplugging the power, and plugging the power back will often reset your router and fixes speed issues.
- Test your internet speed in the room where you are using the device
- You want your speed to be above 10mbps download, anything less than 5mbps usually has a lot of buffering issues.
- Next try moving the unit to a room that is open and closer to the router, such as the living room. Even if that’s not where you want to use your unit, try this step to determine if the issue is Wi Fi reception/internet speed.
- If you have the fire TV box or Octacore unit, you can also try to hardwire the Ethernet cable from the router or modem to the box for better performance.
This only needs to be done once a week to avoid cache from building up. You can delete cache directly from our favorites tab now.
- Our Favorites tab has 2 options to delete cache (raw maintenance and delete cache). Even though both of them do the same thing, its good to delete cache using both to ensure its all erased.
- If you have an older version Click the program tab on KODI’s main screen, click on maintenance tool, then click on general Maintenance, and then choose “clear cache”
NOTE: You want to use this method to delete cache, deleting cache from the Amazon main page will not erase a bulk of the cache from add-ons inside KODI
Firestick.io highly recommends that you connect to the Internet through a Virtual Private Network (VPN). By connecting through a VPN, all of your internet the Internet through a Virtual Private Network (VPN) intermediary. By connecting through a VPN, traffic will be encrypted and hidden from your internet service provider.
Our favorite, most reliable VPN service for streaming media is IPVanish, which recently came out with a native app for the Fire TV in the Amazon App store, which has made installing VPN on your Fire Stick easier than ever before.
For more information about protecting yourself with VPN, as well an instructional video on how to install IPVanish on your Fire TV please see our article here.